I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Smiley Spring Card


Cricut Cardz Challenge had a challenge to create a spring card using the colors pink, green, and white only. Also, Scrappy Moms issued a challenge to use the Smiley Card cartridge. I don't have that cart, but I do have Simply Charmed, and all the images have smiley faces, so I used that instead. I really like the mushroom cut and wanted to play around with that so this is what I came up with for both challenges. I went to Michael's and found the flower stickers which was the final touch for the card. I used the Bloom Dots Cuttlebug folder for the embossed background. It was fun to make and when I showed it to my husband, all he could see was the 1up mushrooms from Super Mario Brothers...typical!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute! I love that little mushroom - adorable! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, this is just too cute! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Card! Thanks for joining us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
    Theresa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project! That mushroom is so adorable!! Where is the smile stamp from? I really like it. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge!

    michelle (CCC DT#2)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete