I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My First Tri-Shutter Card



So when Mary at CardzTV posted her video of the Tri-Shutter Card tutorial, I had to try it!  Her instructions are so great, she is such an amazing teacher!  There are also a couple challenges that are going on at Paper Playtime and CardzTV that I really wanted to participate in, so I was inspired to make this card.  I have a bunch of "Thank You" cards to make for family members that have helped us so much this past year, this is one of them.  I really like the idea of the Tri-Shutter, because, of course, paper is my most favorite thing, and this is a great way to show fun coordinating papers; a gallery, if you will.  This is such a simple card, I just used the George cart to cut my flowers, added buttons to the center (which is the CardzTV Challenge - Cute As A Button"), and popped them up on foam tape.  The other challenge at Paper Playtime is "Use More Than One Fold".  I had fun making this, and am in the process of making another one.  Hope you enjoy, and be sure to check out Mary's tutorial, it really is so super simple to follow!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, love the card fold, flowers look gr8t with those buttons, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty!!!! I love the flowers and the great papers you used!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime and for joining our 'Cute As A Button' challenge at CTVS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the colors and all the fun flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mollie - what a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the bright colors and flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at both Cardz TV and at paper Playtime! Hope you'll come back and play with us again! A brand new challenge starts at Paper Playtime on Monday. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete