I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, October 6, 2014

BBTB2 - Leaves are Falling

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend,
I know I did!

I was so excited to get my front porch decorated
with hay bails, corn stalks, and pumpkins!!!
Was is Anne of Green Gables who said,
"I'm so glad I live in a world with Octobers"

I second that thought!

So anyway, over at BBTB2, Pam has issued a challenge
to use leaves on our projects, fitting for fall, right?

Bitten by the Bug 2

Here is my project:

I decided to try another shaker card!
I cut out from Designer's Calendar this fun leaf.
The creative feature is "Rounded" so the image is
inside a circle.
I cut it out a bunch of times, twice out of
some pattern paper then a dozen times out of
white cardstock.
I actually cut the leaf out of the white cardstock circles
to give me the space I needed to fill with beads.
I ran all the circles through my Xyron Sticker Machine
and adhered them all together.
I cut out of clear acetate two circles from
George to cover the front and back of the shaker.
I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to glue the acetate
to the cardstock.

All the paper is from My Mind's Eye.
I used some jute twine and added a couple rhinestones
for extra embellishment.

The mat with the shaker is popped up on some foam tape.

Here are some more pics:


I hope you will join us over at BBTB2 for this week's
Falling Leaves challenge!

I am also entering this in to Little Scrap Pieces.

Thanks for checkin' in!

5 comments:

  1. Nice shaker card. Is there a tutorial you used? You make it sound so easy. I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paper is so beautiful!! I love the shaker with the pretty leaf in it. You did such a fabulous job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Emily!!! The papers are great and I so love that leaf and the shaker!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling shaker box card love the papers and wonderful color selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Emily!! I love the shaker with the beads!! The papers are so beautiful!! Fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete