I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Okay, So One More Valentine...

I totally lied, I said I was done with Valentine's cards.  One last one, I promise!!!  I couldn't NOT participate in the Crafty Cardz Challenge, especially since it's the first one after the launch of the new and improved name!  I'm so excited for Mary and her team over at CardzTV!  The challenge was to create a Valentine with a "critter".  I have combined this challenge with Whimsical Wednesday's challenge of 3, 2, 1 (3 of something, 2 of something, and 1 something).  Well, I found a cute Studio G stamp set for $1 at the "Wally" store, as we call it in our home (Wal-Mart), with the Owl pun and I wanted to use it.  I decided not to use the obvious Owl from Create-a-Critter, even though he is soooo cute, and opted for this little guy from Animal Kingdom.  I have had the Animal Kingdom cartridge for over a year and have never used it, I thought now would be a good opportunity to try it out.  The branch is from Home Decor and the cartoche is from Sweethearts.  I embossed the light pink mat with Paper Studio's Curl Ribbon Embossing Folder, which you can't see very well, but it is a very close match to the strips of patterned paper, which by the way there are 3 of.  The owl's 2 eyes are Recollections Rhinestone bling.  And the 1 bow is tied from Jute and stuck on with a glue dot (and can I just say, "How did I make it almost 2 years crafting and card making without ever using glue dots?" I LOVE THEM!).  I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dyed Distress Ink and popped the owl and sentiment up on pop dots.  I'm happy with how it turned out, the owl isn't my favorite; he definitely isn't as cute as the Create-A-Critter one, but he works.  Thanks for enduring this post, if you got through it, so many run-on sentences my English professor would scold me!  Happy Valentine's Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just can't stop making those Valentine's cards, huh! Very cute! Thanks for sharing at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. The patterned papers really contrast with the owl and make him stand out. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays this week.
    Jen
    http://huffinatorshangout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really sweet card! I love the paper and the owl is a sweet touch! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!! Your owl is so sophisticated and you chose such a beautiful background paper!
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!!!!!

    ReplyDelete