I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Friends Are Forever...

 
Hope you are able to watch my video to see how this card came together!
 
Something To Celebrate, Cricut, Friendship Card
 
I created this card for a bunch of challenges that I will list below.  I bought a new paper pack from Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% off sales, it is the Khloe Lane pack and it is super fun paper!  I wanted to use it for this card so this is what I came up with some of the different patterns from that pack.  I used Something To Celebrate and George to cut the cute little birds and the two circles.  My banners I just free-handed along with the triangles/corners.  I attempted some faux stitching, my first time, and it was a lot easier than I had anticipated.  I like how it turned out.  The embellishments came from Michael's; a pack of green paper flowers and a pack of flat back pearls for $1.50 each - can't beat that!  My stamp comes from a Fiskar's set and I used ColorBox Chestnut Ink.  The circles and birds are popped up using some foam tape.  The inside is super simple, I just made some more banners from the scraps left over and put a mat together for handwriting a little note.  I also did faux stitching on the inside to carry over the look.  I am planning on sending this card to a friend of mine who recently moved out of state that I have known for over 25 years - so basically forever!
 
 
Here are the challenges:
 
BBTB2 - Use a Bird
Craftin' Desert Divas - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Use Pearls
Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Goes
HIMCR - Thread/Stitching
CardzTV - Pop It Up
Mojo Monday Sketch
 
 

7 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's.
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mollie, I love this card!! I love too that you join in challenges, especially BBTB2! lol I have been wanting this cart for a while now, and I think you have convinced me that I need it! lol I love your take on the Mojo Monday challenge sketch, love those papers too!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-) PS Loved the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. I love all the colors and patterns, love the birdies and the pretty heart. You did such a great job with the mojo challenge. I love using these sketches also. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Mollie!! I love the lovebirds and the great papers you used. Thank you so very much for joining us for our 'Bird' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the papers you have used!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow emily i love your card great design and papers. thanks so much for sharing with us at bbtb2, cardztv linky galz and paper playtime :)

    ReplyDelete