I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, August 5, 2013

School Days

Cricut, Stretch Your Imagination, Cricut Classic Font, School Decor
I am SOOOO excited that my son is starting Preschool this year, I am sure I am more excited than he is.  He will be 5 in December, and it has been a LONG 4 1/2 years with him home!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my little guy, but he has been a handful from Day 1.  I am also excited that I can start decorating for Back To School in my house, where all the other years, it seemed silly because I didn't have any kids in school.  So here is my first "School Days" home decor project.  I really like how it turned out! I used Stretch Your Imagination for the bus and Cricut Classic Font for the letters.  The wood plaque/base was from Wal-Mart for $1 and I painted it with black acrylic paint.  I used Elmer's Paper Craft Glue to adhere my yellow cardstock mat and DCWV Grade School pattern paper down. The letters were just put together with a Zig Glue Pen, the paper for the letters was also from DCWV Grade School pack.  I used some foam tape to pop up the bus to give a more 3-D look.  I am happy with how it turned out!  I will be entering this project in a few challenges this week; Craftin' Desert Divas (Back To School), BBTB2 (School Bus), Paper Playtime (Use Lots of Yellow).


6 comments:

  1. I love your project. I love your background paper and that bus is the best! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your plaque Emily!! The school bus is fantastic and I so love that bg paper! Thank you so very much for joining our 'School Bus' challenge at BBTB2 and our 'Use Lots of Yellow' challenge at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great school bus. Love the paper. Thanks for joining BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on this! I love that paper. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Back To School “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project and the papers you used! Totally awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2 this week :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card Mollie! I love the papers you used and your bus looks fabulous!! Thank for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete