I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Decorate To Celebrate - Anything Goes!

Happy Wednesday!!!

Oh, boy! have we had some changes over at

All good, but one very sad (sniff, sniff)...

In case you haven't heard,
all of the challenges from here on out are
Anything Goes!
AND you are allowed to enter cards as long as
they are 3D or Box Cards.

We also have a few new members or our DT!
I am excited to be working alongside
more talented ladies!
So be sure to check out their blogs
and start following them!

Now the sad news,
Lisa, my dear friend and DT sister,
has decided to step down as Co-Host and will no longer
be on our team :(
I will miss her tremendously!

But we press forward and create on, right?!?!

Here is my project:
I am a little late on getting Birthday gifts to
my Mom and SIL, but I finally finished them!

A few years ago, my good friend gave
me a Flower Pot Pen Bouquet
and I LOVED it!
They are proudly displayed in my kitchen
and I ALWAYS know where a pen is :)

So I thought this would be a perfect gift to make and give!

It was SO EASY!!!

I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought
some cute plastic flowers, stem tape, rocks, and the metal pots.
I also bought a super cute paper pack from
Fancy Pants Designs called "ParkBench"
LOVE it!!!
Most everything was 50% off and if it wasn't
I used my 40% coupon.

So basically I made two of these for
SUPER CHEAP!!!

I cut the tag (and shadow) from Elegant Edges and
stamped "be happy" with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
The stamp comes from Studio G and I am
sure I picked it up at JoAnn's for $1.
I added an Enamel Dot from Recollections
and hot glued the tag to a craft stick.

I added some black and white chevron paper strips
around the pot to add just a little bit more embellishment.

I think they turned out SO CUTE!!!

Here are some more pics...


I hope that you will join us over at the new
for our first Anything Goes challenge!

Thanks for checkin' in!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mollie, I love your flower pen arrangement! Very adorable! I am so happy to be on the design team with you! Your friend, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a fabulous idea this is!! What a beautiful way to decorate plus have a pen handy when you need it!! You are so creative my friend!!

    I will so miss being on the team with you!! But I will still play along with the challenges when I can!! Have a wonderful Wednesday my friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! these are fantastic and a great way to decorate a boring pen and make them fabulous!! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete