I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, February 17, 2014

FCCB Challenge #198 - Sketch Challenge


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge over at FCCB!


Challenge #198 Sketch Challenge
Sketch is from Card Positioning Systems 

This Weeks Sponsor:
Be Wild and Free Stamp Set

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least one Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

My Project:

So my MIL asked me the other day to start working on some more birthday cards for her to give out to family throughout the year...I LOVE doing this for her, so of course I got started right away!  I was super excited to be able to use a paper pack I got for Christmas from Santa too - Carta Bella's Giddy Up! pack is so fun!  I have a niece that is totally into riding horses and so I made this card with her in mind for my MIL to give to her for her birthday in May.  That was long-winded :)

Anyway, I used Summer Celebrations for the lasso/rope (3") and just cut off the Yee Ha! that comes with it. I did cut the shift phrase at 2" for the YeeHa! in the bottom corner.  I also used "Just Because" Cards for the boot and cut it out on flip at 2 1/2".  The three rhinestones are from Michael's and were the perfect addition for this cowgirl card.  The inside of the card was pretty simple, just a white cardstock mat with the sentiment stamped in the top corner - the sentiment comes from a Fiskar's set.  I used a piece of the pattern paper from the front to dress up the bottom and cut the saddle from the Toy Story cartridge at 2".

I hope my MIL will use this card for my niece because I think it turned out super cute!!!

And I hope you will join us in the fun sketch challenge going on over at FCCB this week!!!

I'm also entering this card into CardzTV Birthday challenge.

Thanks for checkin' in!!!

8 comments:

  1. Emily what a fantastic card love all the wonderful detail! Your design sister Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily-this is so adorable! Perfect papers & images for a horse crazy girl-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. thanks for joining us this week at CTVS for the birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all the colors and patterns. What a fun birthday card. Fun and different image for a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card! I love the pink and blue and all those fun pattern papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great die cuts, and wonderful papers! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! Awesome bright colors, and those cuts are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete