I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, December 9, 2013

BBTB2 - Winter Project

 
 
We have another wonderful challenge over at BBTB2 this week - we want to see all your Winter Projects!  I decided to create a decorative tile using the Winter Woodland cartridge.  I picked up a 6x6 white tile from Home Depot, Mod Podged the pattern paper, and used foam tape to adhere the snowflakes and sentiment.  I like the dimension the foam tape gives this decor piece.  I cut the sentiment at 3 1/2" (pg 68 in the handbook).  I cut the pink snowflakes at 4 1/2" on the layer cut.  The scalloped pieces were cut at 1 1/2" on blackout and shadow under the 4th snowflake cut in the handbook (pg 35).  I did use silver glitter paper for the smaller snowflakes and shadow behind the pink ones - you just can't really tell in the pic.  But it is so pretty and festive in real life!

8 comments:

  1. I used that cartridge a few years ago so much that I never wanted to use it again. However, your project is so darn cute that I might just pull it out and use it before the season is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic home décor Emily!!! I so love the bg paper, the snowflakes and the great title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold sentiment against the fun background paper! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tile is so pretty and that background matches those snowflakes perfectly! I really like the sentiment that you picked for the decor project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty home decor Mollie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors on a winter card! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Emily this decorative tile is fabulous and oh so pretty!! I love the colors and papers! So festive!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite sentiments from Winter Woodlands! Love the pretty colors and great papers you picked for this!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete