I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back to School to Shape It Up...


 


Cricut, Wrap It Up, Shape Cards, Back to School
 






So here is another fun shape card from Wrap It Up, and yes, it is another back to school project! But this time I wanted to make a project for someone a little more mature and not in elementary school per se. So this card could be given to a high schooler or even someone going to college. I really like the muted colors of this card and the books shape is just fun. I cut this card at 5 1/2 inches and instead of using the layer cut for the card, I cut the layers out for the actual image, not the card function key. I used the same size and it cut the perfect size to match. Hopefully that makes sense. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the letters of the subjects and the little apples on the inside. I just cut some white card stock for the mats inside and used my new pair of Paper Studio Wavy Edge "Cloud" scissors from Hobby Lobby that I picked up for a buck! I'm going to be entering this card into BBTB2's challenge of shaped cards and Exploring Cricut's challenge of back to school. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my project!

11 comments:

  1. Mollie I love your book shape card...it really is perfect for an older school child. Great touch with the apples inside. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaped card-I love the fact that it is more mature-too often older students are less recognized, when they could really use the encouragement. Fantastic card, and thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is fabulous Mollie!! I so love your book shaped card!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Back To School' challenge at Exploring Cricut and our 'Shape Card' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you book shape card. The titles of the books look great and I love the apples for the inside. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous shaped card Emily! I love the books, makes for a great back to school card!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How darling!! Love the back to school card!! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Emily this is wonderful! LOVE this card design, the colors, the titles, and the fabulous inside! Great idea to add the apples and writing area inside the card. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous shaped card, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mollie, I love this card and you are so creative! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book shape is fabulous-love it! Love seeing a back to school project that is not for little kids! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and Exploring Cricut this week!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete