I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, September 2, 2013

FCCB Challenge #176 - Name That Tune

Cricut, Lyrical Letters, Altered Notebook

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!  Hope everyone has had an amazing weekend and holiday! So maybe you can take this day to get in your craft rooms and make something musical! Musical? Yes, musical.  This week over at FCCB we are having a challenge that's all about music - "Name That Tune" is our challenge for you.  And I can't wait to see what you "drum" up!  I was being totally selfish with my project this week and made myself a piano teacher notebook by altering a steno book.  I LOVE IT!!!  I used Lyrical Letters for the "Just A Note" and all the little notes.  Did you know about all the hidden gems on this cartridge towards the end of the handbook? I didn't and had to gush over all of them in my video (it will be uploaded later today).  My paper is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found and I just tied some simple ribbon up at the top.  I am also going to be linking this up over at Cut It Up for their challenge to alter a notebook - it's so much fun to do, if you never have!  So make sure you sneak away to your craft room this week and link up your musical themed projects.

AND REMEMBER - FCCB's Vinyl Education Week is only a week away, so if you can, get your vinyl ordered from Cricket Vinyl Supplies so you can participate with us all next week!  AND SPREAD THE WORD - If we get 100 participants in NEXT WEEK's Vinyl Challenge, there will be a Cricut Expression giveaway!!!

 
I am also entering this project into Cut It Up's Challenge of an Altered Notebook.  You should go check out the awesome projects the DT has come up with over there - incredible!

10 comments:

  1. I love this !!! Such a cute idea !!! Turned out great !!!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super notebook Emily, I like the images and clever title!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great altered notebook-and it's OK to make something for yourself once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a head start!?!?

    Great altered notebook. I love the font - it looks so FUN!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges for the Altered Notebook challenge!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Beautiful...
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and clever note book. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges! ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, sweet, and fun card! LL does have a lot of neat sentiments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love that fun font and those papers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete