I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Perfect Day...

Cricut, Cuttlebug, Celebrations, Swiss Dots, Happy Birthday, Sizzix, Elegant Edges

Here is a card I created for one of my oldest and best friends whose birthday is at the end of the month.  I followed a few challenges, of course (my favorite thing to do), to put this together.  My Craft Spot "Favorite Technique", My Creative Time "Birthday", The Scrapbooking Queen "Color Challenge", and Little Scrap Pieces "Linky Party".  This card is a clean and simple card, and I used one of my favorite techniques -Embossing! I love to find new embossing folders, but I'm a hoarder and don't use them for months after :) Anyway, I used Cuttlebug's "Happy Birthday" and "Swiss Dots" embossing folders and Sizzix's "Flowers and Bow Strings".  I was also excited to use a couple sentiments from a stamp set I won from a challenge over at My Creative Time.  "Enjoy" and "The Perfect Day" come from the "Life Is Good" stamp set, which I LOVE!  I used Celebrations for the gift image (and some scrap pattern paper), George for the circles, and Elegant Edges for the scallop border on the front.  My ribbon comes from JoAnn's.  I did take inspiration from the Mojo Monday sketch this week, but it's too far off that I'm not going to enter it in over there. I hope that my friend will enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it.  I also have a video for you to watch.  Thanks for checking in!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all of the embossing!! Nice job! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched your video on YT and thought it was so clean, simple and just perfect! I have the same cartridges that you used to make this card and I forget about the hidden treasures on each cartridge. Great card!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! The embossed stripes are so cool! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! LOVE your fun embossing! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME birthday card, SUPER job with it!!!LOVE the embossing,Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful with all of the embossing Mollie. And the little present is the cutest thing, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete