I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You Rock! Masculine Card

I am back at it...making cards!  It has been quite the year since I posted last March!  I had a baby in May and then my husband was diagnosed with Cancer (Lymphoblastic Lymphoma) in June.  So needless to say it has been a busy time in our lives and I have only recently been able to get back in my craft room.  My husband is doing okay, he is through the worst portions of his chemo.  It's a 2 year treatment plan and we are almost to the maintenance phase where he will be able to return to work.  The baby is perfect, she is such a blessing and I truly don't think I would have been able to get through this crazy trial without her sweet spirit, she is without a doubt a true miracle.  I have many goals this year, but they all center around being "better".  And one of them is to be a better, more consistent crafter.  I have found that crafting is my escape and I have needed to escape many times during the last 6 months.  I want to get back into challenges and making cards for others.  So here is my first card for my first challenge this year.  It's for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and we needed to make a masculine themed card.  I have a nephew with a Birthday this month and thought this would fit the bill.  Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Mollie you are back with a bang, this is a fantastic card lovely colours and design...what a year you have had so pleased it is getting better for you all...we now ask our participants to name their cartridges, please could you tell me it, a reply to this comment is fine, I really really want you to have a chance of the prize and top 5 after all your hard work !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I forgot to mention the cart! This is from Birthday Bash. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie, welcome back and from the sounds of things you are truly blessed. I love your card the colors really bring it out. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. cricutjunkie.com. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! This is a fabulous card! I love everything about it! Really glad you joined us this week over at FCCB! Blessings to you and your family.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, that fox is great for a guy card. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card, especially the details on the inside!

    ReplyDelete