I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, October 14, 2013

BBTB2 - Awareness Month

Cricut, Pink Journey, Lyrical Letters, Breast Cancer Awareness

Hello all you BBTB2 fans! This week we have a FANTASTIC challenge going on!!! As you may well know, it is Awareness Month and we want to see your projects that honor the importance of being aware of the different illnesses and dieseases out there - especially Breast Cancer!  It is so critical that, as women, we get the screenings done that are so important to help detect Breast Cancer as early as possible.  I had my first mammogram done this year, and IT'S NOT THAT BAD!!!  Really!  Piece of CAKE!!!  And after watching my husband go what he went through this last year, I'm getting one done as often as possible to detect any sign of abnormality as soon as it may appear! I strongly encourage you to as well!!!

For my project, my mom asked me to make another "something" for her friend who just learned that she has Breast Cancer and is going to start chemo in the next week or so.  I told her of the phrase "fight like a girl" and she LOVED it, so I made this wood plaque for her to give to her friend so she can hang it on the wall, or just display it however she wants.  The plaque comes from Wal-Mart and I just painted it with a rose colored acrylic paint.  I Mod Podged some patterned paper from My Mind's Eye on top and used Pink Journey for the ribbon and phrase "Fight".  I used Lyrical Letters  for "like a girl".  My flowers are from Recollections and I just used glue dots to hold those down.  My mom loves how it turned out and we are both praying that her friend does put up a fight through her treatments.

I hope that you will join us over at BBTB2 this week, I would love to see what you come up with and what awareness/cause is near and dear to you!

9 comments:

  1. love this! You did a beautiful job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and pretty !! One of my favorites phrases for sure !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully sweet gift! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Emily!!! I love the papers your used and I so love the ribbon and phrase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I'm keeping your Mom's Friends in my prayers! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome, empowering gift! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment!! Great idea for this months challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful gift for your Mom's friend. This should give her lots of encouragement and let her know about people caring for her. I love this phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily this is darling. And how sweet of you to make thi for your mom's friend! This is perfect for the challenge too! Great job, Emily!!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete