I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, October 7, 2013

FCCB Challenge #181 "Have Your Cake"

Cricut, Sweet Treats, Birthday Card

 
It's another week for a FABULOUS challenge over at FCCB!  "Have Your Cake!"  Yes, eat all you want so that you have plenty of inspiration and energy to create a card, layout, or project featuring a cake or cupcake.  Naturally, I think of a Birthday card when it comes to cakes and cupcakes and that's just what I made for this challenge - a fun girly birthday cake for a fun girly pre-teen.  I did have my niece in mind when I first started this card, but it turned out WAY too girly and she is such a tom-boy that this wouldn't have worked for her.  (I've got to come up with something soon though, her birthday is next month!)  Anyway, I used Sweet Treats (LOVE) for my cake and my paper comes from DCWV Birthday 6x6 paper pack.  I also used a sketch from the MojoMonday archives.  I have put together a video for you to see how this card came about, hope you'll check it out!  And I hope you will join us over at FCCB for this FUN challenge!!!  I am also going to be entering this over at Exploring Cricut for the Birthday Celebration Blog Hop they have going on, and even though I didn't add a button, brad, or jewel, I did add Stickles to the flame of my candle...so it kinda works for the challenge :)

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this and the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, and I need to look at that cart more often-great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card for a great challenge !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily this is just darling! I love the papers and bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card!! I so love that cake. The colors are wonderful. And all of those papers. Great layout of angles. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Happy Birthday Exploring Cricut' challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card! I love all the layers and all the different pattern papers you used, and I really like how you decorated the inside of the card too (something I rarely do, but it's such a great touch!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting you from HIMCR. Like the cheerful colors on your cake card. Just finished my card for FCCB.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, congrats on making HIMCR DT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun and virbant, so perfect for a birthday, Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun and fabulous!! I love the colors and paper you used!! What a perfect birthday card!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and voting for me!! I appreciate it so much!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sketch you used looks great. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete