I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Bitten By The Bug 2 - Halloween Challenge






I may or may not be burned out with Halloween, and it's not even here yet...Uh Oh!  Just kidding!!!  And as I am finding out with my little boy getting older, Halloween isn't just one day - it's basically Halloween WEEK!!!  And it's no different over at BBTB2!!!  We are celebrating all things Halloween this week and want to see all your fabulous projects that use our favorite machine - The Cricut!!!  Well, it's my favorite, anyway :)  For my project I pulled out my Stretch Your Imagination cart and cut this fun little spider (who I think is tap dancing).  I also wanted to play around a little with him because he seems like he should be free to move around on the card.  I didn't want to use an Action Wobble, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Action Wobbles, but I wanted something with more freedom.  So he's a spider, right? and spiders have webs, right? So why not dangle him from a web string?  And that's just what I did.  I attached him to some embroidery floss and let him go!  You can't get the full effect from the pics, but hopefully I have captured enough for you to get the idea.  My paper comes from an All Seasons pack and I did use some glitter paper for his top hat, "jacket", and tap shoes.  The mat that he is on was cut from Elegant Edges along with a shadow.  The stamps are from a couple of Studio G $1 sets.  I think it turned out pretty cute for ALMOST being burned out with Halloween projects for the year :)  I will also be linking this up at the Halloween party going on over at Cardz TV.  I hope that you will show off your tricks or treats with us at BBTB2 and that you have a FANTASTIC Halloween WEEK!!!

9 comments:

  1. Love your creepy little spider! The papers are awesome and I love that the spider dangles! The inside of your card is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card , those spiders are dangling perfect !! So cute!!
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dangly spider...fab card.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card! The mat is just perfect with this creepy spider. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! I love what you did with the inside of the card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Emily!!! Your spider is so cute in his glittery hat, jacket and shoes. Love that he is free to spin his web wherever he wants to go.
    Thank you for joining our Cardz TV Go-to Galz 'Happy Halloween' Linky Party!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, and love the inside of the card...It is always a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest idea EVER!!!! Love your cute little spider and the glitter is such an awesome touch! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cool idea to dangle Mr. Spider! He looks so sporty in purple too! Love everything about this card! And you are right-Halloween is definitely more of a week long "event" with little and big boys, lol!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete